Different direction to brief

Having looked back at my current work development and research I’ve decided that my current storyline isn’t as exciting as i was hoping, I was also finding it really difficult to link the concept of a colouring book to a narrative. So after brainstorming some more and talking to my tutor, I’ve decided to put a spin on the brief, and look at it from a different perspective.

As the brief states: “The book is intended to deal with a contentious subject matter of your choosing” and is also “Taking complex multi tiered concepts and translating them through text and image in a way that engages a young audience.”

As a result I have chosen to continue the root of a colouring/more engaging book that consists of dot to dot pages and clouring pages. Colouring books are currently a massive phase for now both adults and children as a way of relieving stress whilst having therapeutic qualities. I felt that what colouring books are now used for for adults could be used in a similar perspective for a younger audience.

61L-bZRIVGL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_

http://www.medicaldaily.com/therapeutic-science-adult-coloring-books-how-childhood-pastime-helps-adults-356280

This article explores into more detail the science behind the therapeutic properties of colouring books.